Over the years, technology has revealed the potential to upgrade various sectors in society and education is one of them. Education has been transformed drastically due to the advancement in technology. The teaching strategies based on educational technology can be described as ethical practices that facilitate the students’ learning and boost their productivity, capacity and performance.
Here are the list of reasons how exactly technology is improving education.
- Learning is interesting: The first and foremost point is students have started enjoying learning. They get easily distracted by the internet but this inclination towards internet can be used in a positive way making learning enjoyable. Touch screen technology and online presentations are being used to make learning more interactive.
- Teaching has become easy: There are concepts in class that are well taught through figures rather than only theories. For example, it is really difficult to make students understand, “how does electrical current flow?” or simply about the ohms law. But, thanks to digital simulators, such concepts are well understood by the students. This even helps students to retain the concepts for a longer period of time. Now assessment of students for testing their level of understanding of a learned concept can be done in real time. The teacher can utilize this information to help weaker students and move to the next topic after being satisfied that all the students are on the same page.
- The environment is getting better: If every school will decide to use digital textbooks then this will be a great rescue to the environmental issue that is being caused by cutting down the forests. The submission of homework can be done online through email. As everything is done online, there will be no waste of time and can focus more on studies.
- E – Books: There is nothing worse than lugging around a stack of books for just one session. Since it has become a habit for people to own a tablet and carry it around everywhere, you can carry your curriculum material too. In case, if you are travelling to some place or you are waiting for your bus to come, then you can go through your eBook and can have a light study anywhere.
- Worldwide tutoring: Students will no more feel shy in seeking a tutor and get clear with their doubts. Because there is an unlimited amount of information available online. Even an unlimited amount of available minds are there for every query. Thanks to globalization and technology, you can receive help from anywhere and anyone in the world. This is especially beneficial for the aspirants those who wants to study in abroad. Even it is helpful for the aspirants who are preparing for tough exams like the UPSC Exam, Bank exams etc.
Adding smart technologies to your daily learning can help you in achieving your future endeavours. Hope these above points gets you exactly why there is a need of technology to improve education. Subscribe to Byju’s YouTube video channel to learn with engaging video lectures.
About Author: Arpita Das enjoys inspiring others through her writing and blogging. After her engineering, she has chosen to work with many students and to explore the opportunities of creating a better future in the field of digital education. She has been able to motivate many with her passion towards education in Byju’s-the Learning App.Since when she started her career she has written articles and blogs. If you wish to discuss any related concepts or ideas feel free to drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.