If you are seeking a job in today’s fast paced digitalised world, you yourself better be upgraded in terms of technology. Basic computer skills are must when it comes to bagging a new job. Why? Without computers nothing is complete in the corporate world. Almost 90% important and confidential documents are stored in the system. With that, a lot of software development is taking place every now and then which is almost stopping humans from using pen and paper. Everything can be done through machines. Thus, every individual must possess a basic knowledge about computers. To be clearer, you must know how to use MS Word and MS Excel. Yet, a lot of people fall behind in this quest, especially when it comes to excel. This calls for a proper guidance and training. There are number of computer training centres that provide Excel training.
Though excel is considered as one of the basic computer knowledge, only though a proper training process you can get hold of the right skills. Speaking of skill, in excel they are divided into 9 categories. Thus, today we will learn about those 9 skills in short so that we do not end up killing too much of your precious time.
- Advance Formulas: Thanks to the formulas, that’s what makes Excel clever. Excel without formula is just a plain and simple data keeping tool. However, formulas will make you churn out the data, examine them and get favourable answers to the most perplexing questions. Anyone can use the simple formulas like SUM and IF; however an expert will smoothly combine formulas like LOOKUP, SUMPRODUCT, MATCH, SUMIFS and INDEX to get answer to the most mind boggling question. In an Excel training this is what exactly will be your part of training.
- TABLES & FORMATTING: In an excel training, the next step would be knowing how to maintain an attractive Excel workbook by understanding features like cell styles, tables and formatting options so that you can structure and present your data properly.
- CONDITIONAL FORMATTING: Conditional formatting is one of the most powerful features in Excel and once you learn how to use it like an expert, you’ll be able to highlight those portions of your data with given conditions (they can meet almost any given condition).
- ADVANCED CHARTING: Make use of advanced charts like a pro by learning how to use charts so as to facilitate healthy communication through some eye catching presentation. Here, you will learn The trick to pick right type of chart, combining different charts, making use of features like in-cell and conditional formatting, setting up interactive and dynamic formatting charts and using spark lines.
- PIVOT TABLES & PIVOT REPORTING: A proper training in Excel will allow you to come across this feature that will enable you to calculate a huge amount of data and answer question in just few clicks. The advanced pivot table features includes slicers, grouping summary by various metrics and calculations.
- VBA & MACROS: Next in the line comes VBA and macros, the language that excel understands. It might be simple, but has a huge significance. Training in this area will enable you to be familiar with VBA and you will be able to write macros so as to automate your day to day work.
- USING EXCEL PRODUCTIVELY: Apart from learning about Excel features, it is also important to know how to make use of the mouse shortcuts, keyboard shortcuts, excel customization and work around.
- DATA TABLES, SIMULATIONS & SOLVER: Excel has a gamut of powerful features that are bound to it.
- Data tables are known to help us in practicing problems and coming up with solutions.
- Solver has been designed to help us model functional problems & find a solution by emphasizing through all possibilities.
- Simulations are made to assume data of the physical world & circumstances in Excel using multiple arbitrary functions & analytical methods.
- OTHER EXCEL TOOLS & OPTIMIZING EXCEL: Lastly, you will gain skills in combining excel with other applications like Outlook, MS Access or PowerPoint so as ti help in achieving some ‘WOW’ end results.